So many cute dolls end up at the thrift store

2016 Holiday Barbie-Claudette Gordan face sculpt


Fashionista #128

Fashionista #111 fully dressed, plastic band holding her choker in place. Just a personal observation-kids don't really appreciate the "curvy" Barbie. My granddaughters, one elementary school age and one young teen...both said on separate occasions "why is she chunky" I was dumbfounded. They both seemed really confused and kind of insulted that I would enjoy a chunky doll, which happen to be my favorite body type. The tall is my least favorite. I grew up with Barbie...loved her my whole life. And never once did I think she was a predictor of my future self. Even when "Julia" came out, I never dreamed of being Dianne Carrol or a nurse or a single mom. All three are wonderful for real people, but my dolls had other things to do🤣 She was a beautiful doll who lived with 100 other beautiful dolls and I loved it. We were so innocent back then and could just play and enjoy our imaginations. No adult baggage to harsh our fun😁 Had to share I guess...thx again*,*


 

Comments

  1. Love the full, almost pouty, lips on the first one! I picked up a thrifted doll yesterday too. Mine is a curvy, strawberry blonde shoulder length hair and freckles. I think she's my favorite face to date. I see curvy's selling in my area (maybe only to adults?), what was a bust was the new recycled Ocean series this summer. Walmart's clearance isle will be full of them soon...
    Have a great Sunday:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Walmart didn't even get many of those. You just never know. But thrift stores are like fun little treasure hunts🤣 thx again👍🏾

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog